Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Vistas Show

 I am happy to report that two of my images, "False Awakening" and "Jump Start Monument Valley", will be in the upcoming "Vistas" show at the Amanda Smith Gallery in Johnson City, Texas. The show runs from November 3 to December 17 and was jurored by Dan Burkholder.
And speaking of jurors, I am even happier to say that "False              Awakening" received the Juror's Award for the show.

"False Awakening" was shot with a modified Ansco Pix Panorama camera (a plastic 35mm camera that I modified by reversing the lens).
"Jump Start, Monument Valley" was shot with a compact digital camera (a Fuji X20).

There are two "openings" for the show on both November 25 and December 16. The gallery is located at 103 North Nugent Ave in Johnson City, TX.
All of the show images can be seen here.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jim! Wonderful work, and wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J. I was reminded of this gallery when I saw that one of your images was in a recent show there. When I checked out their website, the call for entry was for this show. :) So thanks for the reminder.

      Delete