Friday, June 6, 2014

Somerville Toy Camera Festival

The Somerville Toy Camera Festival is a month long event that celebrates the quirkiness and beauty of images made with plastic cameras (and pinhole cameras as well). The festival incorporates five galleries, a workshop and a panel discussion. You can read about the whole thing here.
I will be participating in the festival this year by exhibiting my image, "The Snow at Night", and as a participant on the panel discussion later this month. More info on the panel discussion can be found here.
If you're in the area (and I'm lucky to live close by) check out some wonderfully unique and creative photography, or get yourself a free ticket for the panel discussion and listen to some otherwise relatively sane people explain why they choose to make art with plastic cameras.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jim! I'm happy that more people will get to enjoy that magical image. I wish I could see all the exhibits and be at your panel discussion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My most important role in this festival remains picking up the pizza for the Brickbottom opening on Sunday.

      Delete